Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Justice Ginsburg: Update

With a little bit of a delay, here is an update regarding the health status and post-surgery plans of Justice Ginsburg. Via Suits & Sentences and via SCOTUSBlog.

On February 5, 2009 I underwent a complete, successful, surgical removal of a pancreatic cancer at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City. In consultation with Dr. Eileen O’Reilly and Dr. Leonard Saltz of MSK, I am scheduled to undergo a precautionary, post-surgery course of chemotherapy at the National Institutes of Health. The treatments, which will commence in late March, are not expected to affect my schedule at the Court. Thereafter, it is anticipated that I will require only routine examinations to assure my continuing good health.

Statement available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment